Building an e-mail mailing list – and mailing to it regularly – is one of the most effective marketing strategies.
But the hard part is acquiring e-mail addresses for your mailing list.
Not only is it a challenge to build your list, but also to maintain your list.
So your e-mail list needs to be an ongoing effort!
Below are ten proven strategies you can use to build your e-mail list:
1. Be sure you have an e-mail sign up form on every page on your website.
Remember, not every visitor will find their way to your home page.
2. Have e-mail signup forms on your Pharmacy front counter
3. Let visitors know what benefits you’ll get by subscribing to your e-mail list.
4. Create a newsletter archive on your website. Post all past newsletters on the site.
5. In addition to the signup boxes on individual pages on your website, create a web page dedicated to acquiring subscriptions.
That page should have the signup form, benefits for signing up, testimonials and links to newsletter archives.
6. Include a link to subscribe to your newsletter in the signature line you use when you participate in e-mail discussion lists.
7. Hand out flyers or business cards that direct people to a page on your website where they can subscribe to your newsletter.
8. Look for co-registration opportunities.
If you can find partners who reach the same audience you reach but aren’t direct competitors, cross-promote each other’s newsletters with links on the email subscription thank you pages.
9. Include forward to friend links when you mail your newsletter.
10. Include a link to your e-mail subscription page in press releases you send out.